Settlement Officer- Title and Closing
in Washington Twp., NJ N/A
Virtual Endeavors LLC is hiring a Settlement Officer in Washington Twp, NJ. The Settlement Officer is responsible for conducting Real Estate closings for refinance or purchase transactions. The position is also responsible for establishing new customer accounts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Closes and funds loans on residential properties made to individuals with knowledge of entity borrower documentation preferred.
- Audits loan files, prepares closing documents, and coordinates loan signing with escrow and borrowers.
- Reviews signed closing documents and ensures all conditions have been met in order to disburse the file.
- Delivers closed loan packages to Post Closing Department for shipping to document custodian and investors.
- Works with the loan origination team, escrow/title officers, and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate, and pleasant closing experience.
- Communicates with borrowers, vendors, and internal business partners at various levels to research and resolve loan transaction concerns.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships with current and prospective customers. Is responsible for promoting the Company's services throughout its service areas to establish new customer accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Title Producer license required
- Valid Notary Public required
- Valid driver's license required
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in residential loan closing and funding operations (local and/or across multiple states), or relevant experience
- Previous experience as a notary/Settlement Officer strongly preferred
- Good understanding of title binders, HUD's, and endorsements
- Thorough understanding of the service process with the ability to build strong working business relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail