in Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Weichert Workforce Mobility is hiring an Appraisal Reviewer in Morris Plains, NJ. The Appraisal Reviewer is responsible for auditing and validating appraisals provided by external vendors ensuring that the conclusions reached in the report are supported by appropriate adjustments to listings and comparable data, as well supported by the trend data supplied. The position performs the final review and approval/rejection of all relocation appraisals.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Provides a thorough qualitative analysis of ERC appraisal reports completed for WWM following the "Scope of Work" as indicated on the documented WWM form. Through this analysis, without immediate direction or supervision, makes significant financial commitments on behalf of WWM.
* Investigates discrepancies and/or items needing clarification for appeals. Upon receipt of any appeal response(s) from appraiser(s), reviews response to ensure all issues raised by the transferee have been addressed. Accepts or rejects the report based on standard guidelines.
* Assists the Valuation Manager and the Weichert Vice President of Real Estate Services in the management of the shared Weichert Appraiser Network (WAN) including adherence to best practices, performance management, process improvement, recruiting, and on-going accreditation.
* Manages and adheres to the most current metrics for review production, cycle time and appraisal variance expectations.
* Assists in the development of training material (using industry knowledge and by monitoring market and regulatory changes) for colleagues and clients and conducts training/informational sessions as needed.
* Assists the Valuation Manager and/or VP of Real Estate Services with any projects that are real estate related on an as needed basis.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* High school diploma or GED
* Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
* State of residency appraisal license or certification required
* Minimum of five (5) years of appraisal experience
* Two (2) years of appraisal review experience required
* Thorough knowledge of the appraisal process
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Strong problem solving ability
* Strong attention to detail