Insurance Account Associate
in Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Weichert Insurance Agency is hiring an Account Associate in our corporate headquarters in Morris Plains, NJ. The Account Associate is responsible for providing routine service, customer support, and administrative support to a team of Account Executives and Account Managers. The position prepares, provides, and processes the necessary documentation and information associated with the sale of new insurance policies for home, auto, flood, umbrella, jewelry, and other insurance related products.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with Account Executives, Account Managers, customers, realtors, mortgage and finance companies, attorneys, and settlement companies to provide the support needed to ensure the successful sale of insurance products.
- Provides all documentation needed by the carriers in order to process insurance for WIA customers. This includes working with web-based insurance carriers, and following carrier and agency requirements.
- Sends binders, paid receipts, invoices, ID cards, and other related documentation to customers, mortgage companies, attorneys, and Account Executives.
- Obtains basic Level One quotes through the PL Rater system for the Account Executives to review for their customers. Updates quotes for delayed closings to ensure that there are no premium and/or coverage discrepancies.
- Sends insurance applications to the customers for the sales and service team, as well as all trailing documents, supplemental forms, and agency required forms to the customers.
- Follows-up on all required documents, as well as collecting/sending payments, confirming closings, and issuing policies.
- Confirms customer closings, sends customer payments to carriers, and issues new business policies.
- Obtains flood searches to determine what flood zone a property is located in for the Account Executives' assigned office realtors.
- Responsible for maintaining the standards and requirements for our Excess and Surplus line carriers by following the Agency standards.
- Verifies the accuracy of WIA lead sources in OSII and Gold systems. Checks the Producer office and relocation assignments for submission.
- Completes and adheres to the New Business Checklist for quality control. Calls the carrier underwriters regarding discrepancies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Property & Casualty license preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of related experience in the insurance or banking industry preferred
- Familiarity with traditional insurance products
- Basic understanding of typical insurance carriers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail