Enterprise Application Architect
in Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Weichert Co. is hiring an Enterprise Applications Architect at its corporate office in Morris Plains, NJ. The Enterprise Applications Architect is responsible for influencing the development and implementation of Enterprise Technology Shared Services (ETSS) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies at Weichert. The position defines a high level enterprise-wide application architecture focusing on the mapping of ETSS capabilities to business needs. The position makes key decisions around Application Architecture and interacts with business stakeholders and the Business Relationship Management group on forward looking initiatives as it relates to Enterprise Application Architecture.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads Enterprise Applications and Business Intelligence projects including scope, client services, and support needs. Conceives solutions, builds consensus, sells, and executes solutions across business areas.
- Contributes to the development and review of the systems capability strategy to meet business requirements.
- Provides guidance and information to support consistency of vision with business objectives.
- Remains abreast of technology developments and proactively aligns project goals with strategic business goals.
- Develops and evaluates innovative ideas to assess value added, impact, risks, challenges, opportunities, and benefits for the organization.
- Leverages data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of technical frameworks and solutions at portfolio and enterprise levels.
- Participates in strategic initiatives in the area of system, data, and application and integration, ensuring that interfaces are properly identified, designed, implemented, and maintained.
- Provides technical design specifications, diagrams and other documentation or artifacts, as well as oversight, to ensure accurate development and delivery of solutions.
- Collaborates with other members of ETSS to advance the organization's technology roadmap.
- In conjunction with senior ETSS management peers, develops enterprise applications strategies, standards, and guidelines.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the business or function for which the application or data tool is designed so that we complement other Weichert projects, systems, or processes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert within Weichert and support the ETSS leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in IT technology related to application architecture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of progressive experience in IT/technology that includes substantive work involving Architecture, design and development of enterprise applications and systems
- Five (5) or more years of medium to large scale project and program management experience
- Strong, proven experience with RPG, .NET Technologies, SQL Server
- Experience with the .NET framework and web development stack including C#, ADO .NET, ASP .NET, MVC, etc.
- Experience designing and using web services (SOAP, WSDL) and implementing SOA or component based architectures
- Relevant experience to migrate large scale enterprise legacy applications from AS400 to Windows platform
- Proven track record of working/communicating across large cross-functional teams
- Thorough understanding of the Information Technology environment
- Strong experience with business analysis and requirements gathering techniques
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate technology applications to solve business needs
- Strong knowledge of XML, XSD, DTD, XSL, XSLT and parsers
- Strong knowledge of business process modeling techniques and workflow systems
- Experience with software development life cycles and technical design principles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall etc.).
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience with legacy systems and complex technical environments using multiple technologies and languages
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong planning and analysis skills