Business Analysis Director
in Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Weichert Co is hiring a Business Analysis Director in Morris Plains, NJ. The Business Analysis Director is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the business analysis and reporting teams. The position represents the needs of the various functional areas of the Company and oversees the planning, tracking and control for the planning and execution of Business Analysis (BA) efforts, ensuring projects, specifications, and change requests are completed on time and BA processes are followed.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Works with SVP and managers to guide the overall direction, strategy, and management of the group, its processes and portfolio of work.
* Defines, develops, and implements, along with management, department-wide strategic plans and objectives. Regularly interacts with senior management, customers, vendors and industry consultants to define service and performance levels in order to improve customer satisfaction.
* Guides delivery of business analysis, development of business requirements and end user solution validation. Oversees the review process for business requirements, functional requirements use cases, workflow diagrams, interface designs, test plans, test scenarios, test cases, etc.
* Understands the Company's applications and the interdependencies with other corporate and external systems and gaining comprehensive and extensive knowledge of business processes, issues and data challenges.
* Recommends changes to policies and establishing procedures as necessary.
* Facilitates an environment that optimizes the use of IT products, systems, services and procedures to meet the needs of the business. Ensures the alignment of work activities with the overall IT strategy and roadmap.
* Leverages experience to recommend industry standard and best practice solutions. Fosters and ensures collaboration with various IT teams to coordinate system changes and to ensure appropriate system testing.
* Provides guidance and leadership to the Business Analysis and Reporting teams including coaching, mentoring, reviewing work, setting schedules, etc. and supporting resources as they develop and maintain relationships with business leaders. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
* Effectively manages a team that is customer focused, encourages creativity, drives performance, and effectively develops and rewards key performers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* BA or BS or equivalent experience is required
* MA or MS is a plus
* PMP certification preferred
* Five (5) or more years of professional experience as a Business Analyst, working with business and IT teams to analyze and capture requirements
* Prior business analysis experience in a supervisory position
* Very strong experience in business process design and re-engineering and workflow analysis
* Demonstrated ability to oversee and provide direction to team members involved in projects covering multi-disciplines, ensuring quality and timeliness of BA team deliverables
* Demonstrated experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle in an agile environment.
* Strong experience in providing guidance in the development of and reviewing QA defined deliverables (e.g. Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases)
* Strong experience in translating functional and non-functional requirements into test scenarios and test cases that align with business processes
* Advanced general business knowledge
* Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
* Passion for building tools and solutions that help clients and internal teams
* Outstanding relationship building, verbal, written and interpersonal skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
* Experience working on and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to user
* Advanced knowledge of and development / execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures using agile methodology
* Intermediate knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools Intermediate knowledge of Systems, Applications, & Technologies
* Very strong knowledge of Business Analysis best practices, processes and methodologies
* Intermediate knowledge of Emerging Technologies, Information Security Awareness, and Application Design and Architecture
* Strong understanding of modeling capabilities to document use cases / test scenarios, data, processes and events
* Intermediate understanding of basic web and client / server architectures
* Intermediate of Application, System, End to End and Regression Testing
* Data analysis skills such as SQL or prior experience in a database environment
* Elevated proficiency in MS Excel