in Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Title Closing Services LLC is hiring an Accounting Director in its Cherry Hill, NJ location. The Accounting Director is responsible for aiding the Controller with the ensuring all cash management related functions are performed properly. The position develops and maintains accounting principles, practices, and internal controls to safeguard the company and produce accurate information for financial statements. The Director also provides financial support and partners with Operations to drive company financial enhancements. This position manages tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial analysis of Operational activities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees the daily Cash Management internal controls for Weichert Title Companies in conjunction with the Controller; ensures all deadlines are met. Develops departmental policies and procedures to help facilitate the process.
- Works closely with Executive Management to provide financial and statistical reporting to assist in Managing business.
- Provides key statistical reports to Executive Management and Sales group.
- Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the Weichert Title Escrow accounts, and ensuring all accounts reconcile based on monthly analysis and periods are timely closed.
- Review and approve Daily Wire transfer functions.
- Oversees the Cash Management and Escrow teams. Responsible for developing, coaching, and mentoring department staff, measuring performance of staff, and addressing issues immediately. Works with the team to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors/advises on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Monitors and analyzes department workflow to develop and implement more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Works closely with Operational staff to drive process improvement and to ensure adherence to all Policies regarding cash functions.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from management regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Ensures the internal sale force and external referral fee commission calculation process is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts on a regular basis with all levels of management, including the CFO, Controller, RVPs, and the President, regarding financial analyses and reports.
- Supervise Title Accounts Payable and Receivable functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- MBA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant accounting experience, with at least five (5) years in Title Insurance industry.
- Previous management experience required.
- Previous experience with user-based accounting, financial systems and database experience preferred.
- Previous experience with SoftPro transaction management software preferred.
- Broad business acumen
- Proven inspirational leadership and management skills
- Competency with general ledger and title management systems
- Deep knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare management reports, statements, and projections
- Strong technical accounting and financial analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to inspire and lead direct reports
- Strong internal control and risk management orientation
- Ability to multi-task and support a multi-faceted accounting team
- Strong project management capabilities
- Good team and relationship management skills