Weichert Workforce Mobility is hiring a Expense Management Supervisor in Morris Plains, NJ. The Expense Management Supervisor is responsible for reviewing and approving audited client expense reports and vendor vouchers for accuracy, ensuring the accurate coding and data entry into accounting system for subsequent payment, resolving discrepancies and ensuring that internal controls are effective and consistently adhered to. The position also works with the Client Service Team to resolve issues with expense reports and payment requests.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides supervision and ensures that direct reports are meeting Departmental daily production requirements, following Departmental and Company policy.
- Responsible to provide guidance, coaching and where necessary, works with Management to appropriately address performance and/or conduct related issues.
- Oversees the review and approval of audited expense reports and supporting documentation, special payment requests and supplier invoices to ensure compliance with client, Department and Company policy and procedures ensuring that expense items are properly categorized for client cost reporting, invoicing and tax purposes.
- Assists with the development and review of client policy grids to ensure they are accurate with respect to general ledger accounts, handling of specific payment types and can be followed in accordance with the procedures of the Expense Management Department.
- Serves as a central point of contact for Client Service Director for resolution of Expense Management related issues, transactions and/or reporting requirements.
- Ensures that direct reports are meeting daily departmental production requirements and following departmental/Company policy.
- In the event of client audit, reviews expense related transactions to ensure they are supported with the required documentation and were processed in accordance with policy. Ensures discrepancies and exceptions are thoroughly documented and/or corrected.
- Assists with the development, implementation and execution of Departmental initiatives.
- Works on special projects as identified by the business.
- Responsible for training and onboarding newly hired Expense Coordinators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required·
- Five (5) or more years of experience with accounting, auditing processes, and/or expense management·
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred
- Previous customer service experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong ability to manage teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail