Weichert Workforce Mobility is hiring a Collections Coordinator in Morris Plains, NJ.
The Collections Coordinator is responsible for maximizing cash flow by minimizing the client’s collection cycle and bad debt exposure for their region of responsibility. The position consistently follows up with clients regarding past due invoices. The Collections Coordinator also services clients by working with the client service team at Weichert to resolve various credit related issues, including invoicing and accounting.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collects accounts receivable in a timely manner, producing collection results that meet business plan and scorecard objectives for the department and the specific region of responsibility.
- Ensures all past due balances are followed up in a timely and consistent manner. Provides daily collection contact, including telephone, e-mail, and, as necessary, visits with clients.
- Works directly with client contacts in Finance and/or Human Resources, collecting past due invoices and resolving payment challenges.
- Works within departmental procedures and processes (e.g., “collection workflows”) to expedite payments from Weichert clients.
- Conducts meetings with appropriate internal and external clients to resolve/reconcile issues relating to collections.
- Maintains a clean portfolio of accounts, managing all open balances to resolution.
- Maintains and provides detailed collection reports for management and the client service team.
- Assists Director of Treasury and Collections Manager with special projects, as required. Special projects may include analysis of accounts, collection statistics, providing support to building credit files for clients, etc.
- Monitors client credit lines and takes appropriate action, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in collections preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail