Vice President of Call Center Operations
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Lead Network is looking to hire a Vice President of Call Center Operations to work out of our Morris Plains, NJ Corporate Headquarters. The Vice President of Call Center Operations is responsible for managing call center operations that support the Weichert Family of Companies. The position plans and implements operational strategies that provide a consistent and effective experience to customers. The VP of Call Center Operations also supports our integrated sales, service and marketing environments to include inbound, outbound and online sales methodologies. The position also manages and coordinates the activities of the call center staff to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and aligns workforce strategies to address key business plans and facilitate organizational change initiatives.
- Collaborates with executive management to build the call center operations strategy and infrastructure in a rapid-growth environment.
- Reviews and updates/rebuilds Key Performance Indicators and key metrics that will support continuous improvement and growth for employees, managers, and the Company.
- Works with executive management to meet consistent service levels, client objectives, and optimize agent efficiency/occupancy.
- Responsible for driving and reporting all statistical data in addition to bringing creative operational ideas that will increase productivity.
- Reviews and updates/rebuilds the quality assurance process.
- Implements and reviews policies, procedures, and operating structure of the call center. Ensures policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Monitors and analyzes call center volume and coordinates even distribution of work tasks among Inside Sales Coordinators based on workload. Oversees scheduling for call center employees.
- Reports on business metrics to key business partners, measuring results and monitoring service quality, and providing timely and actionable feedback.
- Ensures operations staff implements solutions that improve customer service, increase technical expertise, enhance the quality of work, and increase efficiency.
- Ensures Call Center Supervisors are listening to calls to assess customer service levels and provides feedback and remediation plans as necessary. Monitors calls to assess customer service delivery across the Company.
- Responsible for meeting call center operational standards, maintaining employee service levels, and improving quality of service.
- Oversees the management of the Inside Sales Coordinators and support staff, including hiring, training, retention, and succession planning. Monitors employee performance, including annual salary reviews, vacation and sick time, and formal disciplinary actions, as required.
- Mentors Call Center Supervisors to further develop their management and business acumen skills.
- Handles escalated customer issues to ensure the problem is addressed in a professional and timely manner.
- Leads collaboration efforts with other departments and external vendors to identify and resolve system or process issues before those issues impact service.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge; remains familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of related call center experience
- Previous sales leadership experience in the development of inbound, outbound, and online sales programs, training, procedures, and philosophies
- Real estate sales experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of customer service, call center core processes and total quality management philosophies and practices
- Excellent leadership and time management skills
- Ability to lead a multi-functional, cross-organizational work team(s)
- Demonstrated coaching skills and proven ability to manage and lead others
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments concurrently with minimal direction in an evolving work environment
- Excels at building partnerships and working as a team
- Experienced project and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail