in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Virtual Endeavors, a Weichert Title Group Company, is hiring a Transaction Coordinator in our Morris Plains, NJ office. The Transaction Coordinator is responsible for receiving, reviewing, and processing all new settlement service orders, as well as the coordination and preparation of all necessary closing documents to facilitate real estate settlements. The position acts as the primary point of contact to customers requesting settlement services in order to facilitate a smooth closing process.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives, reviews, and processes all new settlement service orders. Follows up on required documents up to the point of closing (e.g., association documents, Good Faith Estimates, surveys, etc.)
- Orders information to provide clearance to items such as judgments, child support payments, or open mortgages.
- Facilitates all customer requests including endorsements, review of documents, and searches. Works closely with the examination team to explain delicate title matters.
- Responsible for gathering information and documents from all parties prior to the closing. Works closely with the mortgage company or lender to prepare preliminary HUD information.
- Manages the order pipeline proactively and effectively schedules all closings to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Responds quickly to all requests and provides periodic updates to the customer until their request is met. Documents interactions in the client management system.
- Receives, reviews, and processes all incoming lender instructions in order to complete and obtain approval for the HUD-1/Closing Disclosure and receipt of the lender closing package.
- Requests status of the lender’s wire in order to meet the scheduled closing time.
- Facilitates all lender requests with updated loan figures that need to be reflected on the HUD-1/Closing Disclosure.
- Manages scheduled closings effectively, and updates the scheduled closings to ensure all parties involved are updated with the current status of the transaction.
- Responds quickly to all requests and provides periodic updates to the customer until the HUD-1/Closing Disclosure is approved and closing package is received. Documents transaction status in the Soft Pro system and pipeline report.
- Provides daily support through phone and email to the customers, as well as the Regional Account Executive team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the Regional Account Executive team, Attorney and Lender Network.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Paralegal Education or Certificate Preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Title Producer license preferred
- Two (2) years in a title processing or real estate paralegal role strongly preferred
- Good understanding of title binders, HUD’s, Closing Disclosures and endorsements
- Thorough understanding of the service process with the ability to build strong working business relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment