Training Curriculum Designer
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Co. is looking to hire a Training Curriculum Designer to work out of our corporate offices in Morris Plains, NJ. The Training Curriculum Designer is responsible for leading a variety of instructional design projects for the development of instructor-led and web-based programs for the Weichert Family of Companies. The position works with key members of the organization to understand training needs and objectives, and develops the appropriate curriculum necessary to educate employees and Sales Associates.
- Plans, designs, and develops core training curriculum in the areas of real estate sales, customer service, compliance, and management development in order to meet key learning objectives and maximize learner engagement.
- Serves as a project leader on various design teams, following project management discipline and methodology.
- Conducts focus groups and needs assessment to adequately determine learning and performance needs and objectives of the organization. Customizes training programs accordingly.
- Partners with subject matter experts to design curriculum with the total Company vision in mind.
- Integrates training curriculum to develop web-based training programs using Adobe Captivate.
- Assist Manager of Online Development and Delivery in the editing and enhancement of video content using Adobe Premiere.
- Conducts and/or assists the Training Director with train-the-trainer sessions to prepare Regional Trainers and/or Sales Office Managers for facilitation.
- Works with the delivery team to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the overall program and to incorporate feedback into future revisions. Provides feedback and recommendations to management for improvements.
- Assists with overseeing course content and delivery, as well as scheduling and administrative support.
- Supports the day to day operations of Weichert training programs and department strategy. Acts as a back up to the Forms and Policy Specialist.
- Supports other department projects and participates in broader project teams pursuant to Weichert University initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of instructional design and curriculum development experience
- Experience using video editing software
- Previous project management experience required
- Real estate or sales experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of instructional design theory and adult learning principles
- Technical acumen with ability to learn course design and video editing software
- Proficiency in Adobe Captivate
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct presentations and hold one-on-one meetings
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)