in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
The Settlement Officer is responsible for conducting Real Estate closings for refinance or purchase transactions.
- Closes and funds loans on residential properties made to individuals with knowledge of entity borrower documentation preferred.
- Audits loan files, prepares closing documents, and coordinates loan signing with escrow and borrowers.
- Reviews signed closing documents and ensures all conditions have been met in order to disburse the file.
- Packages loans for shipping to document custodian and investors.
- Works with the loan origination team, escrow/title officers, and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate, and pleasant closing experience.
- Communicates with borrowers, vendors, and internal business partners at various levels to research and resolve loan transaction concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Title Producer license preferred
- Valid Notary Public strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in residential loan closing and funding operations (local and/or across multiple states
- Previous experience as a notary/Settlement Officer strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good understanding of title binders, HUD’s, and endorsements
- Thorough understanding of the service process with the ability to build strong working business relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.