Senior International Tax & Compensation Coordinator
in Downers Grove, Illinois
Weichert Workforce Mobility is looking to hire a Senior International Tax and Compensation Coordinator to work out of our Downers Grove, IL office. The Senior International Tax and Compensation Coordinator, under general supervision, is responsible for facilitating the overall global delivery of compensation, tax, and payroll related services for authorized client employees. The position works in conjunction with Assignment Counselors, International Expense Management, and Client Shared Services departments to ensure client deadlines and service level agreement metrics are met. The position also supports the International Tax and Compensation Team Leader and management with overall project management and team training.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares, analyzes, and tracks expatriate payroll, compensation, benefits, global mobility and other assignment-related issues. Prepares compensation worksheets, payroll allowance calculations, cost projections, compensation summaries and W-2 reconciliations using standard software programs.
- Creates, develops, and administers the tax and compensation processes according to the client's specifications and following Weichert's standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely documenting of conversations, exceptions, and correspondence in the system. Maintains file documentation and ensures data integrity. Adheres to Weichert's privacy and policies standards at all times.
- Works with management on various projects; reports back on project status and attends applicable meetings.
- Prepares international compensation calculations, including the calculation of hypothetical tax and assignment-related allowances such as cost of living and housing, as necessary using standard software programs.
- Coordinates all tax-related aspects of the assignee's international assignment(s) with the tax return preparer as necessary.
- Creates individual letters of assignment and cost estimates according to the terms of the assignment, client policy and special circumstances as appropriate.
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all International Tax and Compensation team services to ensure all applicable service level metrics are met. Reviews project deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to policy before sending to client. Adjusts team workload as appropriate.
- Responds to payroll inquiries, policy interpretation, and expense questions from clients and assignees.
- Advises on enhancements or improvements to the client's administration of services and/or processes and works with the International Tax and Compensation Team Lead or International Tax and Compensation Manager on process improvement activities.
- Assists with the training of new team members. Coordinates with team members to assist on the training of new processes and procedures. Ensures team members are following established protocols. Monitors team members' customer service skills.
- Attends daily/weekly meetings to review all upcoming projects and deadlines.
- Reviews and prepares monthly and quarterly reports for both internal and external distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area required
- Global Mobility Specialist (GMS) certification preferred
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certifications preferred
- Four (4) to six (6) years of relevant international compensation accumulation, payroll, reporting, assignment management, and/or expatriate tax compliance experience strongly preferred
- Direct client interaction and advisory experience required
- Thorough understanding of global compensation, tax, and payroll
- General working knowledge of global income and social tax laws and tax planning opportunities
- Fluency in a foreign language(s) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)
- Knowledge of internet/web