Senior Account Associate
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Senior Account Associate is responsible for providing extensive service, customer support, and administrative support to a team of Account Executives and Account Managers. The position prepares, provides, and processes the necessary documentation and information associated with the sale of new insurance policies for home, auto, flood, umbrella, jewelry, and other insurance related products. The Senior Account Associate assumes an expanded role with assisting the Account Executives by having more direct communication with customers/partners, as well as independently completing the quoting process.
- Works closely with Account Executives, Account Managers, customers, realtors, mortgage and finance companies, attorneys, and settlement companies to provide the support needed to ensure the successful sale of insurance products. Troubleshoots issues and brings them to the Underwriters’, Team Leaders’, and/or Account Executives’ attention.
- Provides all documentation needed by the carriers in order to process insurance for WIA customers. This includes working with web-based insurance carriers, and following carrier and agency requirements.
- Sends binders, paid receipts, invoices, ID cards, and other related documentation to customers, mortgage companies, attorneys, and Account Executives.
- Works closely with the Account Executives to obtain Level Two quotes directly from each carrier website, expanding on the basic Level One quote obtained through the PL Rater system. Updates quotes for delayed closings to ensure that there are no premium and/or coverage discrepancies.
- Sends insurance applications to the customers for sales or service team members, as well as all trailing documents, supplemental forms, and agency required forms to the customers.
- Proactively follows-up on all required documents, as well as collecting/sending payments, confirming closings, and issuing policies. Works on rush submissions in order to facilitate timely closings.
- Confirms customer closings, sends customer payments to carriers, and issues new business policies.
- Obtains flood searches to determine what flood zone a property is located in for the Account Executives’ assigned office realtors.
- Responsible for maintaining the standards and requirements for our Excess and Surplus line carriers by following the Agency standards.
- Verifies the accuracy of WIA lead sources in OSII and Gold systems. Checks the Producer office and relocation assignments for submission.
- Completes and adheres to the New Business Checklist for quality control. Calls the carrier underwriters regarding discrepancies.
- Assists in training new Account Associates. Provides mentoring and guidance to the Account Associates to ensure they successfully perform their work.
- Responds to and/or distributes work-related status emails regarding Account Associate activities, Account Executive follow-up, and mortgage related inquiries.
- Acts as a backup to the Relocation Department and the Florida branch office for new submissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Property & Casualty license required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in the insurance or banking industry preferred
- Familiarity with traditional insurance products, as well as more complicated and/or unique policies
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of various carrier websites
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment