Residential Mortgage Operations Manager
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Financial Services is recruiting for a Residential Mortgage Operations Manager in our Morris Plains, NJ corporate headquarters. This person will be responsible for the overall daily activities and functions completed by the operations team members within assigned regions and/or offices. The position prioritizes daily assignments and tasks to ensure that all goals are consistently achieved including overall customer satisfaction.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responsible for ensuring legendary service is delivered with every transaction, contingency and closing dates are consistently met, communication lines are fluid, and quality and compliance goals are consistently maintained.
· Develops, coaches and mentors team members. Provides oversight of all team members, measuring performance, addressing issues immediately and conducting on-going training. Also responsible for hiring new team members, when necessary.
· Executes all new strategies and processes quickly, accurately, and most cost effectively.
· Reviews and discusses customer survey results with team members, addressing negative responses immediately with respective team members. Ensures that all recovery calls and follow-up happen within five (5) days of received survey results.
· Responsible for ensuring that Closing Disclosures are sent timely and that all are consistently and completely TRID compliant.
· Coordinates timely responses to all audits and exception reporting, addressing all exceptions directly with team members. Identifies exception trends; takes immediate performance action with respective team members.
· Tracks, monitors and reports capacity and metric statistics weekly. Addresses shortfalls with respective team members.
· Works closely with other business channels, particularly Sales.
· Cross-sells/promotes family of services, particularly those delivered via Weichert Title and Weichert Insurance Agencies. Ensures colleagues are offering affiliate services upfront.
· Responsible for daily pipeline management, ensuring that all loans are adequately handled within designated timelines.
· Responsible for the daily prioritization of team members’ workload. Additionally responsible for ensuring that all assigned tasks are completed within the timelines established and communicated.
· Monitors, evaluates, and recommends changes to operational procedures to ensure maximum levels of productivity and accuracy. Assists in the development of new training materials.
· Coordinates daily activities for each of the functional areas within the team to ensure cohesive and streamline processes and workflow, and to further ensure on-time closings and central point of contact for customers.
· Attends managers’ meetings and keeps team members up to date with changes and communications via standing weekly team meeting and one-on-one sessions.
· Responsible for special projects/initiatives as designated by the Director of Residential Mortgage Operations.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· A minimum of five (5) years of mortgage banking experience required
· Previous management experience strongly preferred
· Thorough understanding of overall operations policies and procedures
· Solid knowledge of and practical experience with applicable technology tools including, but not limited to Microsoft Office suite of products and Encompass loan origination system
· Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner
· Excellent time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives, tasks and achieve all goals
· Ability to successfully lead a cross-functional team