Property Management Sales
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Aureus is looking to hire a Business Development Specialist to help us grow our property management business. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for performing business development, sales, and consulting functions in order to cross-sell property management services across the corporate and retail sectors.
The position is expected to achieve specific revenue and profitability targets for new/existing accounts, and also assist with the development of branding, marketing, and training materials. The role is ideally suited for someone who knows the real estate business and who enjoys sales. This is a great opportunity to come join out property management team!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continuously prospects new accounts within an assigned sales region. Follows sales goals and target market criteria.
- Employs regular prospecting activities such as cold calling, needs assessments, direct mail campaigns, sales presentations, technology demonstrations, promotional items, and client forums.
- Acts as a main point of contact for new clients. Assists with the client implementation/onboarding process.
- Acts as a liaison between Brokers and corporate clients.
- Establishes long term relationships with prospective clients through understanding their business needs and providing appropriate solutions.
- Negotiates acceptable/desirable property management services, agreements, terms, and fees with new clients.
- Acts as a key contributor to the development of Aureus branding, marketing, and training materials.
- Provides training to Sales Associates regarding property management services and processes.
- Responsible for coordinating, lecturing, and/or attending industry specific events in order to promote property management services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Real estate license required or obtained within 90 days
- Valid driver’s license required
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales, account management, or operations experience in the property management industry
- Willing to train the right candidate, but knowledge of property management services preferred
- Previous experience developing, and/or executing strategic plans to achieve business results preferred
- Ability to educate prospects and close new business
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal) with the ability to command an audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and problem solve