Part Time Senior Public Relations Specialist
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Co. is hiring a part time Senior Public Relations Specialist to work in our Morris Plains, NJ corporate headquarters. The Senior Public Relations Specialist is responsible for promoting the Weichert President/CEO and the Co-President to the public by developing strategies and creating content to generate awareness and foster positive perceptions via the media and online communities. In addition, the position promotes other Weichert Family of Companies leaders through endorsements by the President/CEO and Co-President. The position also acts as an advisor to the Executives in order to prepare them for interviews, public appearances, etc. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing and executing media relations strategies for increasing the amount of positive news coverage of the Executives.
- Writes and distributes news releases to all forms of media, including local, national and trade publications.
- Drafts and submits byline articles, and provides editorial content to various publications.
- Maintains the list of reporters, editors, and writers for publications; distributes news releases and develops relationships with them.
- Handles media inquiries specific to the Executives, prepares quotes/media statements, sets up interviews and pitches stories to reporters.
- Prepares and posts relevant and timely content on all social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. Monitors responses from audiences and responds appropriately to questions, comments, conversations or issues.
- Meets with Executives to understand their public image expectations. Ensures their ideas and messages are clearly communicated and delivered to the public.
- Ensures Executives are prepared for interviews, speaking engagements, public appearances, etc.
- Assists the Executives with increasing exposure and awareness of other Weichert leadership through the use of endorsements, press releases, statements, etc.
- Monitors the effectiveness of social media efforts. Explores additional platforms to further increase audiences.
- Ensures Company compliance with business and legal guidelines for appropriate and ethical communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The idea candidate will meet the following requirement:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of experience preparing and distributing corporate press releases
- Previous experience promoting high profile executives strongly preferred
- Previous media and public relations experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, editing and interviewing
- Ability to adapt communication style to various audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate social media legal guidelines and platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Ability to interact with senior leadership
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, as well as adept at planning and organizing
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and be self-motivated
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.