Part Time Administrative Assistant
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Part Time Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure effective and efficient operations of the department. The position provides prompt and professional correspondence and communications, coordinates meetings, and compiles and maintains reports for management.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the team and/or departmental management and determines level of priority.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Provides routine office support including supply inventory, filing, mailing, copying, printing, scanning, etc.
- Prepares and distributes presentations and reports as requested. Handles department calendars to ensure timelines are met.
- Handles service for all printer and copiers in the area. Orders copier toners from vendor.
- Coordinates internal meetings and external visits from clients and vendors. Ensures invitations have been sent, rooms are reserved and prepared for meetings, meals are ordered, travel arrangements have been made, etc.
- Supports a team on special, nonrecurring, and ongoing projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative support experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong customer service skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)