Network Engineer III
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Network Engineer III is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of Weichert’s enterprise network and security systems. The position has a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep systems running smoothly and securely. The position also engineers the network so that traditional operational and security issues are minimized.
- Designs, builds and administers Weichert’s corporate LAN/WAN environment.
- Develops test and deployment plans and creates supporting documentation.
- Leads network and security design discussions and reviews.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Diagnoses and corrects technical problems with LAN/WAN/WLAN components and end-device network clients.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of networking systems.
- Installs, configures, and tests updates and upgrades to network hardware and firmware.
- Documents all work actions.
- Works with other team members and Service Desk and desktop support teams to maintain, troubleshoot, and correct technical issues.
- Defines systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of network systems.
- Works closely with Development, Architecture, Service Desk, and Desktop Support groups to gather new design requirements
- Recommends hardware, software, and process improvements.
- Supports multiple technical systems in a 24x7 environment with high uptime requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- VMWare VCA6 or Microsoft MTA
- Cisco CCNP, (Routing/Switching, Security, Wireless, or Data Center)
- Cisco CCDP
- Preferred pursuit of MSCE
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience
- Strong network background with TCP/IP, Layer 3 switches
- Previous experience with NAT, public IP address schemes, firewall policies and protocol usage required
- Strong experience working in Microsoft Word and Excel applications
- Preferred experience in Microsoft Visio application
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of hardware and systems technologies, specifically with Microsoft software installations and internal Weichert applications
- System Administration Experience – Windows Server, Active Directory, Citrix, VDI
- 5 years experience with VMWare Vsphere (up to 6.x), including ESXi, vCenter, virtual networking
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN/WAN, Latency, VoIP, QoS
- 8 years of experience with network routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), application layer (DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TLS), Transport Layer Protocols (UDP, TCP), internet layer protocols (ICMP, IP, IPsec), and Link Layer (ARP, L2TP, PPP)
- Wide area network topology types and network redundancy methods
- Configure and tune IPS platforms
- Design, setup, and configure complex switching environments utilizing Cisco hardware running IOS and NX-OS
- Design, setup, and configure complex wireless networking utilizing EAP authentication methods including EAP-TLS and RADIUS based authentication
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Maintaining a multi-site network
- Experience with MS Office suite of applications including Visio to convey and document network related dependencies and changes
- Strong technical skills with the ability to continue learning in an ever-changing environment
- Strong customer service skills and written/oral communication skills
- Microsoft Azure Knowledge required
- Load Balancing experience and knowledge
- Network Documentation and standards remediation
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively throughout the organization regarding technical matters required
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to be on-call nights and weekends
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Good project management skills