Mortgage Advisor - Internet Leads
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Financial Services is hiring a Mortgage Advisor - Internet Leads in Morris Plains, NJ. The Mortgage Advisor-Direct (Internet Leads) is responsible for originating residential mortgage loans applied for on the internet within their state license(s). The Mortgage Advisor (Internet Leads) works as an inside mortgage loan originator to originate new and maintain existing customer mortgage leads from various internet channels for pre-approvals, purchase, and refinance mortgages. The position also recommends mortgage products for which the customer qualifies and in accordance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for making a heavy volume of outbound prospecting and fulfillment calls to internet generated leads in order to meet and exceed monthly production goals as assigned. Calls include interviewing potential customers to determine qualification for pre-approval, purchase, and refinance loans. Handoff qualified leads to other Mortgage Advisors and work together to ensure a great customer experience.
- Makes outbound calls and answers inbound phone lines to work leads within licensed states from telephony, web sites, lead portals, coverage of affiliated Realtors and their customers and various other marketing channels and initiatives as assigned
- Reviews online mortgage applications. Makes inquiries and collects the documents supporting the customer’s income, assets, investments, debt, credit history, prior bankruptcies, judgments and liens, as well as the characteristics of the property and other similar information in order to assess a customer’s financial circumstances.
- Analyzes the customer’s particular reasons for purchase or refinance, plus their financial background and reviews the availability of all loan products that might fit the customer’s needs.
- Works to ensure a successful loan origination process for internet leads. Responsible for submission of complete and accurate mortgage loan packages that provide all of the information and documentation needed to make an underwriting decision, including executed Agreement of Sale (Binder in New York and Connecticut), and Good Faith Estimate Worksheet.
- Advises the customer of the inherent risks and benefits of loan alternatives in order to recommend the most suitable product.
- Performs all steps and functions necessary to assist the customer and loan operations to acquire, research/analyze, document, and make a decision on mortgage packages, including document collection, credit reports, income and assets, contracts of sale, etc.
- Performs a daily review and maintenance of personal pipeline report for closing dates, application fee collection, interest rate lock expiration, and other essential data.
- Stays up-to-date on changes in investor and secondary market and underwriting conditions that affect the Company’s many loan products.
- Updates the customer and loan operations staff on loan status on a regular basis. Stays up-to-date on availability of all products and provides customers with contact information of the appropriate Weichert product representative.
- Responsible for the achievement of daily/monthly budget objectives for new loan registrations, closed loans, conversion rate, pricing compliance and customer service, and any other objectives as the Company may determine from time to time.
- Fields customer complaints and provides problem resolution or escalates to department management as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Individual state loan originator licenses necessary for specific states as required by the Company or in which employee engages in any mortgage loan origination activity
- Must meet and maintain all mortgage loan origination licensing requirements including continuing education requirements
- Three (3) to four (4) years’ experience as a mortgage loan originator preferred
- Ability to determine appropriate interest rate quote to customer and to determine maximum qualification amounts based on investor guidelines
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing residential real estate lending
- Ability to apply investor guidelines to specific sales situations
- Ability to use discretion and judgment to recommend the most appropriate products to customers based on qualifications and needs identified by customer analysis
- Thorough understanding of loan product features based on investor guidelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products