Mobility Tax Manager
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Mobility Tax Services, located in Morris Plains, NJ, is looking to hire a Manager for our growing team. The Mobility Tax Manager is responsible for advising clients on international assignment structuring, presenting researched conclusions and recommendations of alternative courses of action, and identifying various methods of complying with tax obligations, in addition to reviewing and signing expatriate US individual income tax returns. The position is also charged with marketing, networking and business development efforts within the industry and the Mobility Tax Services specialization. The Manager manages staff assignments, financial status, and worldwide coordination of assigned client engagements.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administers pre-assignment and post arrival consultations with assignees, as required.
- Manages day to day service delivery with BDO non-US offices, including monitoring status reports for authorized services and deliverables.
- Supervises client and service delivery expectations of global employees of corporate clients and individual engagements.
- Participates in the management of client fee arrangements.
- Reviews and signs US individual income tax returns for inbound and outbound international assignees and domestically relocated employees.
- Examines and approves international assignment cost projections and tax equalization calculations.
- Acts as primary contact for assigned clients regarding communication and management of service.
- Communicates with clients and team members in writing, via phone and in person to conclude and sign tax returns for individual assignees.
- Identifies potential tax issues and evaluates and selects alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance.
- Recognizes and communicates potential risks, along with potential changes in tax policy and applies new policies to tax compliance.
- Understands, adheres to and ensures staff understanding of WMTS tax quality requirements.
- Manages resource allocation, workflow and resource utilization based on business need.
- Conducts appropriate research and provides solutions to meet business and client needs.
- Identifies issues and develops resolutions based on general knowledge and transfers resolutions into multiple tax functional specialties.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes - SFAS109. Prepares tax accrual workpapers.
- Understands and applies industry standards, along with firm policies and WMTS tax quality requirements as they relate to FAS109 and FIN48.
- Recognizes, measures and documents financial benefits to clients.
- Prepares correspondence on various global human resource management and individual tax issues.
- Leads Mobility Tax Services professionals on assigned projects, business development proposals, practice development challenges and client service matters, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, International Business, Human Resource Management, International Human Resource Manager or other related field required
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Tax or MBA (concentration in International Business or Human Resource Management) preferred
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), attorney (JD), or Enrolled Agent (EA) required
- Valid driver's license
- Egiht (8) or more years of related work experience required
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Knowledge of the process of combining tax knowledge and knowledge of business/industry to recommend solutions
- Fluency in foreign languages highly desired
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient with Adobe Reader and Writer to manipulate and organize .pdf files
- Working knowledge of various tax applications, tax preparation software, and research tools required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong people management skills