Loan Officer Assistant
in Sparta, New Jersey
Weichert, Financial is looking for a part time Mortgage Loan Originator Assistant. The Mortgage Loan Originator Assistant is responsible for supporting one or more Mortgage Loan Originators (“MLOs”) with non-licensed clerical functions. The position also assists with managing the MLO’s pipeline.
The position is not authorized to conduct sales activities including, but not limited to offering or negotiating loan rates or terms, or counseling consumers about residential mortgage loan rates or terms. The Mortgage Loan Originator Assistant shall have restricted access to the Encompass system including Read Only, print, and uploading of document capabilities.
- Provides proactive administrative support to MLOs.
- Facilitates and maintains relationship between the MLO, customer, real estate agent, operations staff, insurance agent, and closing agent. Answers phones, takes messages, and schedules appointments.
- Assists in managing the MLO’s pipeline and closing reports to ensure deadlines are met on all loans.
- Assists in preparing mailings, thank you letters, and other company marketing initiatives.
- Maintains and updates customer contact information.
- Keeps MLO current on company/industry information, including webinars and conference calls.
- Monitors inventory of office supplies and places orders as needed.
- Provides computer support and updates by monitoring email inbox while MLO is unavailable.
- Updates and distributes sales meeting guides and other tools available to MLOs.
- Monitors websites for accuracy and changes.
- Coordinates continuing education and licensing requirements with MLO and compliance.
- Reviews training needs with MLO and provides support when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of sales assistant experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)