Insurance Sales Trainer
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert, Insurance is hiring an Insurance Trainer out of our corporate headquarters in Morris Plains, NJ. The Insurance Trainer is responsible for delivering Weichert Insurance Agency training schedules and programs for the Agency in order to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales and service force. The position ensures that the necessary tools and training are provided to the Agency staff so they may deliver exceptional customer service and sales to the client based.
- Delivers classroom and one-on-one training on new and existing carriers on carrier products, markets, guidelines, as well as proprietary systems. Develops agenda, materials, and schedules accordingly.
- Delivers classes and materials to the sales and service force relating to enhancing sales skills (e.g., relationship building, conflict management, dialogue training, etc.)
- Delivers classes and materials relating to productivity skills approved by management
- Prepares materials and job aids for one-on-one and classroom training (both paper and electronic format).
- Schedules training sessions and ensures training programs are aligned with Agency needs.
- Assists the Insurance Training Manager, as needed, with the planning, development, and review of training programs.
- Stays abreast of trends/issues in the marketplace by evaluating and interpreting current features of carrier guidelines/websites after reviewing bulletins and notices from carriers; relays information to Agency employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate would meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Property and Casualty license required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the insurance industry
- Previous training experience preferred
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present to a large and diverse audience, as well as to a small group
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Creative thinker, self motivated, and results oriented
- Familiar with adult learning theories and able to implement those principles in the delivery of training classes
- Excellent facilitation, questioning, and feedback/coaching skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)