Human Resources Generalist / Compensation Focused
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Co. is hiring a Human Resources Generalist with a strong Compensation focus to work out of our corporate headquarters in Morris Plains, NJ. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing professional level support in all areas of Human Resources, with a strong focus on compensation and performance management related activities. The position oversees the job description process, provides compensation market analyses and recommendations, as well as ensures compliance with federal and state wage and hour regulations. The position also administers the Company’s performance management and Annual Performance Review process.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works with management to develop job descriptions and determine FLSA exempt or non-exempt from overtime classifications. Makes recommendations regarding job titles, as well as job leveling. Maintains job description library and job coding system.
- Analyzes compensation survey data to assist with the determination of trends for use in determining salary recommendations. May participate in compensation surveys.
- Administers the annual Company-wide performance review process. Acts as the primary point of contact for the employee population during the process.
- Works with Recruiting during the employee requisition approval process. Ensures consistency with Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provides support with potential reorganizations, acquisitions, and reductions in force (RIFs).
- Provides support with employee relations issues, as necessary.
- Partners with the Human Resources Director on Affirmative Action initiatives, data compilation, and analysis.
- Completes periodic regulatory reporting requirements as assigned.
- Manages other compensation and Human Resources projects as necessary.
- Remains current and ensures compliance with State and Federal Wage and Hour laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Five (5) or more years of related compensation and Human Resources experience
- Previous experience writing, evaluating, and maintaining job descriptions and determining FLSA classifications required
- Previous experience using ADP’s Enterprise Version 5 (EV5) strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of state and federal wage and hour laws
- Ability to understand and use compensation salary surveys (Willis Towers Watson, ERI, Mercer, etc.) to prepare compensation recommendations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to generate reports and spreadsheets in Excel, using statistical formulas
- Knowledge of and experience with Affirmative Action plans and programs
- Strong customer service, relationship management, and consulting skills
- Flexible demeanor and the demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience supporting and partnering with senior management
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions