Field Property Manager
in Fairfax, Virginia
Weichert Property Management is hiring a Field Property Manager to work out of our Fairfax, VA location. The Field Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the onsite operations of a portfolio of properties and will act as the liaison between the real estate agent, Business Development Manager, and Aureus’ Center of Excellence (COE) to ensure all activities are completed in a timely manner. The Field Property Manager will also be responsible for local supply chain/vendor management surrounding inspections and maintenance of the properties.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Handles all aspects pertaining to property occupancy i.e. marketing vacant home and working with real estate agencies and respective agents to advertise and market property.
- Initiates and prepares all documents/leases upon lease approval, collects all pertinent funds (1st month’s rent, security deposit, etc.).
- Ensures all inspections are performed and condition reports are completed in accordance with lease requirements, company policies, and federal/state/local regulations.
- Ensures necessary maintenance is conducted on vacant properties in order to prepare for the next tenant.
- Partners and communicates with the Center of Excellence and Business Development team to facilitate operations and ensure all activities are carried out efficiently.
- Communicates with the owner, tenant, and agent listing the property to help facilitate the occupancy process.
- Distributes/collects property keys and facilitates tenant entry into the property.
- Responsible for establishing a local supply chain and manages vendor relationships for all services needed on properties.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Ensures laws and regulations are in compliance Fair Housing laws, escrow laws, property management responsibilities, as well as local landlord-tenant responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of residential real estate or property management experience required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- VA and/or MD real estate license required or obtained within 90 days
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment