in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
The Closing Scheduler, working closely with the processing department, is responsible for scheduling a Settlement Officer/Notary per the request from the Attorney or Real Estate office.
- Works closely with Closing and Processing departments to ensure availability of Settlement Officers to meet demand of the clients.
- Monitors the closing pipeline proactively and effectively updates the scheduled closings to ensure all parties involved are updated with the current status of the transaction.
- Utilizes directional software such as Google Maps application or Map Quest in order to map distance between locations for on-time arrival of the Settlement Officer/Notary at the requested settlement location.
- Updates Real Estate software, Microsoft Calendar and 12 month calendar book with the scheduled closing providing all of the closing information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in a title and/or mortgage industry role strongly preferred
- Experience scheduling for residential closing transactions preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good understanding of geographic maps local and national
- Thorough understanding of the service process with the ability to build strong internal and external working business relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)