Closing Coordinator/Direct Bill Specialist
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Closing Coordinator is responsible for obtaining preliminary title reports and additional information for the closing. The position reviews information, requests endorsements, and updates the system accordingly. The position also creates files and assigns loans to Closers daily.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for assignment of a Closer after loan is received by the Registration Department.
- Communicates any changes to closing dates to GSM, Loan Processor, and assigned Closer.
- Obtains preliminary title reports and all ancillary title documentation for closing by following up at timed intervals.
- Obtains evidence of Flood Insurance and evidence of payment of the first year’s premium by following up at timed intervals.
- Prepares all title folders for assigned Closers.
- Brokers with attorneys, closing agents, title and insurance companies on legal documents and closing dates.
- Coordinates with third party companies for corrections needed on documents and contracts.
- Calculates taxes and fees associated with loan purchases and sends alerts to disclosure departments regarding new loan estimates and tax changes.
- Prepares documents and hands them over to attorneys to be reviewed for inaccuracies; coordinates making necessary changes if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- one (1) year of related experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)