in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Virtual Endeavors, a Weichert Title Group Company, is hiring a Closing Assistant in our Morris Plains, NJ office. The Closing Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Transaction Coordinators, Settlement Officers, and Post Closing teams. The position acts as a secondary point of contact to customers in support of the Transaction Coordinators, and provides support to Settlement Officers during closings to facilitate a smooth closing. The position is also responsible for receiving and printing closing packages for the daily settlements, receiving and distributing all executed closing packages after closing to the Post Closing Department, and provides daily support through phone and email to the customers, as well as the Regional Account Executive team.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitors group inboxes for the Closing and Post Closing Departments daily; saves and logs documents received and assigns tasks the appropriate Transaction Coordinator, Post Closing Specialist or Manager.
- Follows up on requested documents up to the point of closing (e.g., association documents, commission statements, good faith deposits, payoff statements, surveys, etc.).
- Orders or obtains final municipal charges for closing, including but not limited to tax, water and sewer charges.
- Receives, logs, and distributes document recordings or rejections.
- Acts as a liaison to Settlement Officers needing assistance during closings.
- Provides support to accommodate pre and post closing document requests from customers, lenders, etc.
- Sends closing confirmation notices to all interested parties.
- Receives and logs all incoming lender instructions, and assigns the appropriate task to the Transaction Coordinator.
- Requests status of the lender’s wire in order to meet the scheduled closing time.
- Updates the scheduled closings to ensure all parties involved are updated with the current status of the transaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative support experience required
- Experience working in a real estate, title or law office environment preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- General understanding of the real estate closing process
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)