Business Development Specialist
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Aureus Property Management is looking for a Business Development Specialist to join our team in Morris Plains, NJ The Business Development Specialist is responsible for performing business development and sales functions in order to cross-sell property management services across the corporate and relocation sectors. The position is expected to achieve specific revenue and profitability targets for new/existing accounts within the sales region on an annual basis.
- Continuously prospects new accounts within the Weichert Workforce Mobility client accounts’ region. Follows sales goals and target market criteria that have been established for the region.
- Employs regular prospecting activities such as cold calling, needs assessments, direct mail campaigns, sales presentations, technology demonstrations, promotional items, and client forums.
- Acts as a liaison between Aureus (property management) and WWM employees and clients. Provides necessary guidance, as appropriate.
- Negotiates acceptable/desirable property management services, agreements, terms, and fees with new clients within established company guidelines.
- May be asked to offer ideas or provide input towards the development of Aureus branding, marketing, and training materials.
- Promotes property management services to WWM employees and clients.
- Provides timely communication with respect to calls, meetings, status, and projected volume of each prospect in their region.
- Responsible for coordinating, lecturing, and/or attending industry specific events in order to promote property management services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Real estate license required or obtained within 90 days
- Valid driver’s license required
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales, account management, or operations experience in the property management, relocation or real estate industry
- Previous experience contributing, developing, and/or executing strategic plans and leading initiatives to achieve business results preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong prospecting skills with the ability to discover and close new opportunities in the emerging market segment
- Ability to educate prospects and close new business
- Ability to contribute to the development and execution of strategic plans and leading initiatives to achieve results
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal) with the ability to command an audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products