Assistant Sales Manager
in Jersey City, New Jersey
Weichert, Realtors is currently looking for an Assistant Sales manager for our Jersey City Downtown office. The Assistant Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the Sales Manager with key office leadership responsibilities within an assigned sales office including but not limited to attracting, recruiting, and retaining Sales Associates. The position will also offer opportunities to employees who wish to gain the necessary skills needed to pursue a future in sales management.
- Performs daily office management responsibilities, as delegated by the Sales Manager, and leads assigned programs within the sales office.
- Assists with the recruiting process for both new and experienced Sales Associates. Reports progress to the Sales Manager on all recruiting and retention activities.
- Provides coaching and conducts one-on-ones and business planning sessions with Sales Associates to help them achieve their productivity goals.
- Leads weekly small group meetings to help Sales Associates achieve goals.
- Partners with Gold Services Manager to increase Weichert Financial Services opportunities in the office.
- Oversees agent participation in the Weichert Lead Network program and at WLN monthly meetings.
- Oversees agent participation in the Weichert Rental Network program.
- Manages the office’s Open House program.
- Participates in and/or facilitates weekly sales meetings. v Partners with Public Relations at Central to promote office news and community involvement.
- Conducts weekly training and call sessions.
- Oversees direct mail/Farming programs.
- Uses the Marketing Resource Center to customize key sales tools and brochures.
- Uses WeichertOne and Weichert University to learn the business and accesses all company resources and tools.
- Demonstrates mastery of key sales tools within the office and coaches and trains Sales Associates on the use of the following tools, including but not limited to: Getting to Know You; Listing Presentation; Price Trend Analysis; Market Update; Buyer Consultation.
- Coordinates the weekly Caravan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- State real estate license required
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation required
- Three (3) or more years as a successful real estate Sales Associate preferred
- Knowledge of all state and federal rules and guidelines pertaining to real estate transactions
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and the general public
- Ability to efficiently organize and set priorities
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present to a large and diverse audience, as well as to a small group
- Ability to identify, analyze and logically solve problems quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
v Good people management skills
v Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)