in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure effective and efficient operations of the office. The position provides prompt and professional correspondence and communications, coordinates meetings, and compiles and maintains reports for management.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Provides phone coverage for incoming calls. Takes messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Makes travel arrangements including flights, hotels, car service, restaurants, etc. Maintains airline and hotel phone numbers for the team.
- Coordinates internal meetings and external visits from clients and vendors. Ensures invitations have been sent, rooms are reserved and prepared for meetings, meals are ordered, travel arrangements have been made, etc.
- Provides routine office support including supply inventory, filing, copying, printing, scanning, etc.
- Prepares and distributes reports as requested.
- Supports management on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, with a strong emphasis on Excel reporting and analysis, as well as PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)