Accounts Payable Supervisor
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Accounts Payable Supervisor oversees the daily accounts payable activities, including the timely payment of all invoices and the maintenance of accurate records and reports. The position supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in calculating, processing, posting, verifying, and maintaining data and payments to accounts payable.
- Provides supervision to support staff involved in the processing of accounts payable. Reviews and assists accounts payable team with work assignments.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified candidates into the department. Monitors employee performance, including annual salary reviews, vacation and sick time and formal disciplinary actions as required.
- Provides training to new team members.
- Assists and supports management with operational issues; recommends operational improvements to ensure timely and accurate vendor payments.
- Provides vendor payment analyses, upon request.
- Ensures proper invoice coding and check preparation and distribution.
- Reconciles discrepancies. Prepares required reporting and documentation.
- Resolves escalated or identified complex issues.
- Maintains accuracy and completeness of vendor master file.
- Ensures controls are adhered to relating to the activities of invoice processing to ensure data and distribution errors and duplicate payments are prevented.
- Resolves complex statement and invoicing discrepancies.
- Ensures completeness of W-9 and certificate of insurance records.
- Runs and monitors the 1099 audit report results to ensure accuracy and completeness of year end 1099 file.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Four (4) to five (5) years of accounts payable experience
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Experience working with Oscar accounting system preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people management skills
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)