in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Accounting Manager, under the direction of the Assistant Controller, is responsible for managing and coordinating the daily tasks and activities of the General Accounting department and staff. The position oversees multiple accounting activities including the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, the general ledger, analyzing financial information, and managing the year-end audit.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. · Responsible for developing, coaching, and mentoring department staff, measuring performance, and addressing issues immediately.
· Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger which includes setting up new accounts, updating existing ones, and ensuring proper grouping of accounts for various reports.
· Manages the month-end closings on a timely basis and ensures accuracy.
· Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of internal monthly financials which includes the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows.
· Reviews the fixed fee analysis and the recording of assets in the FAMSOL depreciation software.
· Analyzes monthly financial reports relative to budget vs. actual variances, in order to record entries minimizing such variances.
· Works closely with the Accountant III to oversee the compiling of requested tax information and review of the final annual tax packages for U.S. and Canada.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred
· MBA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
· Seven (7) or more years of relevant accounting experience
· Previous experience using user-based accounting and financial systems preferred
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of account analyses and financial statements
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
· Ability to generate reports and spreadsheets in Excel
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment