in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Develops, coaches, and mentors department staff, measures performance, and addresses issues immediately.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger which includes setting up new accounts, updating existing ones, and ensuring proper grouping of accounts for various reports.
- Manages the month-end closings on a timely basis and ensures accuracy.
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of internal monthly financials which includes the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows.
- Reviews the fixed fee analysis and the recording of assets in the FAMSOL depreciation software.
- Analyzes monthly financial reports relative to budget vs. actual variances, in order to record entries minimizing such variances.
- Works closely with the Accountant III to oversee the compiling of requested tax information and review of the final annual tax packages for U.S. and Canada.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred
· MBA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
· Seven (7) or more years of relevant accounting experience
· Previous experience using user-based accounting and financial systems preferred
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of account analyses and financial statements
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
· Ability to generate reports and spreadsheets in Excel
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment