in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Accountant I, under direct supervision, is responsible for performing accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Following established procedures, performs accounting tasks requiring a basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Assists in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries. Ensures data is entered completely and accurately.
- Assists with monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for daily deposits.
- Performs monthly expense analysis.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of sub ledgers to the general ledger.
- Assists in the preparation of audit schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration preferred
- Zero (0) to one (1) year of experience
- Experience using the JD Edwards accounting system preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)