in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Co is looking to hire an Accountant to work out of our Corporate Headquarters in Morris Plains, NJ. The Accountant III, under general supervision, is responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. The position provides specialized or general analysis support with a variety of accounting tasks that require greater knowledge of accounting principles and practices. The Accountant III may handle multiple regions under management’s oversight, as assigned.
- Responsible for general ledger postings and account analysis.
- Completes standard and/or specialized bank account reconciliations within established guidelines.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and tax packages.
- Reviews financial statements on a monthly basis and produces reports for management’s review.
- Analyzes reports, records, and financial data.
- Assists with federal, local, or state reports and tax returns.
- Reviews manager contracts and ensures overrides are reviewed and processed on a bi weekly basis.
- Prepares data and submits reports to management.
- Responsible for all month end closing duties in connection with Region/Central Department assigned.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Provides guidance to lower level accounting staff on difficult assignments, projects, or tasks.
- Organizes files and records in an efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:Education, Certification, and License Requirements
v Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with a concentration in Accounting preferredExperience
v Five (5) or more years of related experience preferred
v Experience using the JD Edwards accounting system preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)