in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Workforce Mobility, located in Morris Plains, NJ is looking to hire an Accountant III. The Accountant III, under minimal supervision, is responsible for performing general and advanced accounting tasks requiring a thorough understanding of accounting principles. The position ensures the integrity of accounting information by analyzing, recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions, as well as presenting financial results through various internal reports. The Accountant III also provides technical accounting advice to Weichert management to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and mentoring department staff, measuring performance of staff, and addressing issues immediately.
- Manages the month-end closings on a timely basis. Works with senior accounting management to ensure accuracy of the month-end close and validity of the amounts. Completes month-end closings on a timely basis, including communicating with other areas whose input is needed for month-end close.
- Prepares monthly Borrowing Base Calculation and reviews with upper management for accuracy prior to submission to the bank.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly internal financials which includes the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows.
- Reviews all balance sheet accounts including ensuring accuracy and agreement to the general ledger.
- Manages the year-end audit in connection with the balance sheet, which includes the completion and review of required schedules. Assists outside auditors daily with the year-end audit process.
- Serves as a back-up for various areas within the Shared Service Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Five (5) or more years of applicable accounting experience
- Experience using user-based accounting and financial systems preferred
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Complete understanding of the technical aspects of account analyses and financial statements
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, including advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service orientation