Account Manager - Specialty Lines
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Insurance Agency is looking to hire an Account Manager - Specialty Lines to work out of our Morris Plains, NJ corporate office. The Account Manager-Specialty Lines is responsible for providing excellent customer service to a growing group of Specialty/Excess & Surplus Lines clients in multiple states. The position focuses on the reviewing, renewing, and cross selling of policies, and advises clients regarding their unique insurance needs. The Account Manager-Specialty Lines maintains strong relationships with clients to ensure overall client satisfaction and willingness to renew and/or purchase additional policies.
- Provides superior customer service to improve customer loyalty. Addresses clients’ service requests and explains coverage and procedures as necessary. Answers client questions and escalates issues as they arise.
- Actively pursues opportunities to increase policy revenue and retention. Remains up to date on annual reviews, daily follow ups, and meeting Agency goals.
- Acts as a client advocate in assessing exposures to risk and providing recommendations to cover potential insurable losses. Ensures the sale of the policy is based on value, not specifically based on price.
- Negotiates with Underwriters and works seamlessly with other Agency colleagues to complete transactions according to agency workflows and procedures.
- Contacts clients prior to policy expiration to ensure timely collection of premiums in advance of renewals.
- Understands and follows the Agency’s quality and compliance procedures, workflows, and goals. Adheres to all published agency standards for all new policies and renewal policies. Secures client acknowledgement and agreement to any that do not meet current standards.
- Remains compliance with all WIA carrier guidelines and binding authority limits.
- Participates in an active and engaged manner in all Agency activities, training courses, meetings, and corporate events as assigned or directed by management.
- Completes all assignments, correspondence, pending follow ups, quotes, calls and computer work on time and error-free. Ensures all phone calls are returned by close of business day.
- Promotes teamwork and a positive and inclusive work environment with all staff at all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant insurance work experience
- Strong understanding of the Excess and Surplus markets
- Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple Managing General Agents that provide access to specialty insurance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to recognize potential revenue opportunities
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards and quality service to ensure success
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)