Account Manager II
in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Weichert Insurance Agency is hiring an Account Manager in Morris Plains, NJ. The Account Manager II is responsible for providing excellent customer service to a growing group of clients in multiple states, responding to inbound service requests in all lines of personal lines insurance. The position facilitates client retention by completing annual policy reviews and soliciting additional lines of business to be referred to an Account Executive for conversion.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides superior customer service to improve customer loyalty. Addresses clients’ service requests and explains coverage and procedures as necessary. Answers client questions and escalates issues as they arise.
- Actively introduces additional sales opportunities to current clients in order to expand the Agency’s book of business and increase policy revenue. Gages client’s level of interest and transfers leads to the appropriate Account Executive. Remains up to date on annual reviews, daily follow ups, and meeting referral goals.
- Assists members of their dedicated sales/service team as needed.
- Acts as a client advocate in assessing exposures to risk and providing recommendations to cover potential insurable losses. Ensures the customer’s policy is based on value, not specifically based on price. Re-markets those customers where price and other circumstance suggest alternative carriers are needed.
- Negotiates with Underwriters and works seamlessly with other Agency colleagues to complete transactions according to agency workflows and procedures.
- Understands and follows the Agency’s quality and compliance procedures, workflows, and goals. Adheres to all published agency standards for all new policies and renewal policies. Secures client acknowledgement and agreement to any that do not meet current standards.
- Remains in compliance with all WIA carrier guidelines and binding authority limits.
- Participates in an active and engaged manner in all Agency activities, training courses, meetings, and corporate events as assigned or directed by management.
- Completes all assignments, correspondence, pending follow ups, quotes, calls and computer work on time and error-free. Ensures all phone calls are returned by close of business day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Casualty and Property Insurance License required
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant insurance work experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities and refer accordingly for conversion
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards and quality service to ensure success
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail