in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The Account Associate-Claims provides administrative, clerical and process driven support for the
Claims Advocate, including taking first report claim calls from customers, as needed. The position files
new claims with carriers, follows up on closed claims, and processes all claims related paperwork. The
position is also expected to explore opportunities to increase Agency revenue with existing claims
- Responsible for handling all incoming mail and faxes relating to claims and enters information into the applied system.
- Regularly follows up on open claims for closing information.
- Enters claims into EPIC which have been directly reported to carriers.
- Handles all incoming claims calls regarding new claims and inquiries on existing claims as a backup to the Claims Advocate.
- Provides excellent customer service to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers with navigating the claims process.
- Provides advice and assistance with loss remediation following established Agency guidelines.
- Sends new claim acknowledgement letters and survey letters to customers regarding closed claims.
- Researches closed claims on carrier sites and closing claims in EPIC.
- Provides after hours coverage for the 24 hour claim hotline on a rotating basis.
- Identifies opportunities to add business by proactively introducing customers to other Agency policies.
- Identifies potential Errors and Omissions (E&O) issues and brings them to management’s attention.
- Identifies issues with a carrier’s process or training needs, and brings them to the attention of management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Property and Casualty license required
- A minimum of three (3) years of property and casualty insurance agency experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)